Monday, August 29, 2011

MYTH BUSTING MARNIE STYLE

Hello Possum

I have learnt some fascinating facts last night. After spending hours at the UNE for tournament of the minds (more like torture of my mind), I got home with the intention of having a shower, cooking tea and scanning my card for the day. It seems though that the universe had more in plan for me...


MYTH NUMBER 1 "FAT PEOPLE BOUNCE"
Well what is the saying about plans best made going astray...... I went to jump into the shower and low and behold slipped on liquid soap that my kids had tipped everywhere and landed against our little ledge with tiles missing off it and hurt my stuffed up back. Oh it was so not a pretty site. I have bruised all up the inside of my left leg (including up near the groin), bruised the outside of my right leg, pulled a muscle in my right arm, twisted my right ankle as my heel got stuck in the plug hole and bruised and cut my bottom/back. We wont talk about how the shower curtain came off.
CONCLUSION: MYTH BUSTED

MYTH NUMBER 2 "YOU WILL FEEL BETTER AFTER A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP"
Today I am hurting like you wouldn't believe. There definately was no jumping out of bed. In fact it wasn't even much of a roll out of bed. I had trouble just rolling over to get out of bed. I can see some pain killers coming on here soon...
CONCLUSION: MYTH BUSTED

MYTH NUMBER 3 "HUSBANDS CARE'
My DH decided this morning to have a shower. I called after him to be careful as he got in as i would hate for him to fall too. All i got back was "ok who is pulling all the little tiles of the ledge in there" my response " sorry love i will just roll over and you can get your pliers and dislodge them from my arse, they seemed to have lodged in there when i fell against them last night". Truly i didnt count how many i knocked off last night as our light in our ensuite doesn't work and i was in too much pain to give a shit. However by his response this morning i get the feeling it was quite a few. All is good though the shower will pull through.
CONCLUSION: MYTH BUSTED

So there ends my little drama. I will scan the card from yesterday and make a card for today as soon as I can get to my scanner and bend over to turn it on lol.

cheers

2 comments:

Avie said...

Marnie I'm crying and trying very hard not to laugh as it isn't funny but the way you wrote this is killing me! I do hope and pray you recover quickly ...........I cannot believe it! What a horrible thing to happen!

Hugs and lot's of them coming your way.........xx

Avie said...

Oh Marnie hope you get better soon.
What a terrible thing to happen!
Hugs and lot's of them coming your way xx